We're Here to Help — Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
Why J. J. Keller for web-based applications
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. (J. J. Keller) is a recognized leader in providing safety and compliance solutions to the transportation, workplace and environmental fields. Since 1953, we have established our reputation of providing sound, up-to-the-minute information to assist industry and government in meeting a wide variety of safety concerns. Today, we serve over 25,000 companies worldwide with our web-based applications. The main reasons why our customers rely on J. J. Keller for our web-based applications:
- Extensive regulatory expertise (over 70 subject matter experts).
- Our security related controls are designed using ISO27001 and NIST frameworks (preparation for ISO27001 certification is in process).
- Information systems policies have been developed and implemented in accordance with industry and international best practices.
- J. J. Keller has partnered with a SSAE-16 certified data center operator to co-locate/host its web solutions.
- J. J. Keller has documented security, business continuity and disaster recovery policies and procedures.
It is the policy and practice of J. J. Keller that we will:
- Ensure that information is accessible only to those authorized to have access;
- Safeguard the accuracy and completeness of information and processing methods;
- Ensure that only authorized users have access to information and associated assets when required;
- Ensure that J. J. Keller and our customers meet regulatory, legislative and contractual agreements;
- Continuously improve the security of all of our services and ensure that risks are identified and appropriate controls are implemented and documented;
- Provide a safe and secure working environment for associates and contractors;
- Produce business continuity and incident response plans for strategic IT and information systems, which are maintained and tested on a regular basis
- Require all associates, contractors and third parties working on our behalf to ensure that the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability requirements of all business systems are met; and
- Enforce, monitor and manage our policies to ensure alignment with industry guidelines and the changing business environment; and
- Promote security awareness and provide appropriate information security training to our associates and consultants using our information systems.
These policy objectives are achieved through the implementation of our Information Technology and Security Policies, which includes procedures and guidelines developed in accordance with industry and international best practices.
All J. J. Keller applications use strong encryption to protect customer data and communication using strong encryption techniques. The lock icon in the web browser indicates that data is fully encrypted and protected from access while in transit. The fields that contain sensitive data, such as PII that reside in J. J. Keller databases are encrypted within the database. Sensitive data in data fields, is stored (encrypted) and as token values in the database.
Access to customer data is segregated by client ID. This ensures that customers associated with a particular organization are limited to data associated with their organization.